As always, we are looking for people with bright ideas who can help us stay ahead of the competition. Our most important asset has always been our employees. You would be part of a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy the benefits of working for a rapidly growing company offering solutions and professional services to the Federal government. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Paragon TEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BUDGET ANALYST IV
(Located at NASA Johnson Space Center)
Support a variety of budget analysis functions in assigned areas. Work may
be performed in any segment of the normal range of budget administration
including budget formulation, presentation, and execution. This position
serves as an analyst to systematically integrate business, cost estimating,
and financial management processes helping to ensure the efficient
stewardship of public funds. These duties include but not limited to:
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the allocation, execution, and
administration of approved budgets.
- Assesses products and procedures for compliance with Government
standards, accounting principles, internal controls, and multi-tiered
system application standards.
- Must be able to grasp interrelationships between financial management
requirements and automated solutions, considering the current system
environment and the potential integration of added systems
concurrently or later.
- Ensures that tasks are completed in the time frame specified by the
client and assists in the preparation of milestone status reports and
presentations for colleagues, subordinates, management, and end user
- Familiar with activity-based costing, business case analysis and
- Assisting in large scale budget formulation, development, and execution activities, as well as integration of such activities, across many Center organizations in support of Agency processes.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree with six years or greater of
specialized experience in the field or related area, or High School Diploma
with eight years or greater of specialized expertise in the field or related
area. Experience with NASA preferred.
Financial Project Analyst
Provides a variety of financial project support.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly reports in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Supervise all project plans and implement it effectively and perform review on all actual and planned resources and report discrepancies to program manager.
- Assist in developing and implementing new procedures, financial data bases, analysis of revenues/expenses and other features to enhance the workflow of the accounting department.
- Analyze profitability and timeframe of all projects.
- Administer and identify all issues related to margin variances and notify program managers on potential risks.
- Supervise project budget and all financial issues, maintain cash flow for projects and offer efficient training to staff.
- Provide training to client teams with all details regarding project finance, provide support as required.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports on all major issues and monitor client comments for all financial projects.
- Coordinate with project manager to build scope change management, monitor project status, and update internal monitoring tools and document control processes.
- Assist various departments to develop regular project status reports.
- Supervise all activities for accuracy and quality to ensure project operations conform to company policies.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating the financial audit process.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Must have minimum 2 years of experience.
- Government contractor accounting experience a plus.
- Strong in data entry computerized accounting systems.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel in particular).
Administers various financial and contract activities relative to maintaining contract compliance.
- Ensure contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed throughout contract life cycle: proposal, formation, administration, and closeout
- Evaluate all contracts to identify important financial terms and contractual requirements associate with projects.
- Support and participation in weekly and monthly project status meetings with Project team, Customers, and Subcontractors
- Budget preparation and recommendations.
- Confers with Company’s executive management to coordinate and prioritize contract planning.
- Analyzes contracts to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be improved.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Compiles data and prepares cost estimates for task plans.
- Assists with contract negotiations.
- Requests funding/amendments to or extensions of contracts.
- Working with Legal and subcontracts to define customer contract flow downs to subcontracts
- Reviews all correspondence concerning contractors and responds as necessary.
- Verifying that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Assesses success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting
- Solicits customer feedback to improve services.
- Acts as liaison between company and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or business administration.
- Government contract management experience a plus
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software and Project Management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects successfully.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Human Resources Specialist
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Develop and manage off-board and on-board processes and orientation manuals.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level, professional, and technical job openings.
- Conducts stay and exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Support team in conducting internet-based educational events, such as webinars and live broadcasts. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Web-based Events
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Online Courses
- Conduct hardware inventory & identifying hardware in need of replacement
- Serving as phone-based tech support to participants attending internet-based events.
- Develop and deliver training on instructional technology use / best-practices.
- Provide maintenance, development, and upgrade coordination for digital scheduling and data collection
- Support on-going updates and development of a project website
- Social media campaigns / analytics
Associate degree or three years of experience in video production/social media/web design, education related experience preferred. Past experience, especially with NASA or other Federal Agencies. Experience with new educational technologies (arduinos, MOOCs, etc.)