As always, we are looking for people with bright ideas who can help us stay ahead of the competition. Our most important asset has always been our employees. You would be part of a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy the benefits of working for a rapidly growing company offering solutions and professional services to the Federal government. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Paragon TEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education Specialist (NASA – Multiple Locations)
Working with multiple Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) engagement activities within NASA to provide the following support:
- Research NASA content and educational best practices within NASA themes or missions to support professional training, STEM engagement, citizen science, engineering design challenges, and virtual learning opportunities
- Conduct recruitment for STEM engagement opportunities
- Adhere to NASA curriculum development guidelines including beta testing and the use of focus groups to optimize content prior to release
- Provide design, development and delivery of curriculum, guides, lesson plans, support materials and professional development for formal and informal learning communities.
- Expand the reach of educational projects and content by scaffolding and demonstrating research-based effective practices in the delivery of STEM content, presentations, programming.
- Provide Professional Development workshops, conferences both face to face as well as virtually using collaborative technologies
- Conduct assessments to customize resources and opportunities to align with instructional goals and standards.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and to relate curriculum materials to specific STEM subjects.
- Develop tests, questionnaires, and procedures that measure the effectiveness of curricula, and use these tools to determine whether program objectives are being met.
Licensed Teacher – Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree Preferred). Informal education experience (e.g. science centers) may be considered. Past experience with NASA Preferred
Technology Coordinator (NASA – Multiple Locations)
Support team in conducting internet-based educational events, such as webinars and live broadcasts. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Web-based Events
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Online Courses
- Conduct hardware inventory & identifying hardware in need of replacement
- Serving as phone-based tech support to participants attending internet-based events.
- Develop and deliver training on instructional technology use / best-practices.
- Provide maintenance, development, and upgrade coordination for digital scheduling and data collection
- Support on-going updates and development of a project website
- Social media campaigns / analytics
Associate degree or three years of experience in video production/social media/web design, education related experience preferred. Past experience, especially with NASA or other Federal Agencies. Experience with new educational technologies (arduinos, MOOCs, etc.)
Evaluation Specialist (NASA)
Support team in conducting performance monitoring and program evaluation of educational activities. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with NASA Office of STEM Engagement stakeholders, collaborating partners, and program staff to determine program evaluation needs.
- Independently design and conduct mixed-methods program evaluations.
- Collect and manage various types of data, perform advanced statistical analyses, and recommend methods for analyzing and presenting data.
- Assist with designing survey instruments, assuring reliability and validity.
- Conduct qualitative research such as interviews and focus groups and summarize results.
- Prepare written reports and presentations of findings.
- Provide technical assistance to NASA Office of STEM Engagement in understanding their data and measuring the impact of their programs and initiatives.
- Respond to data requests and literature review requests.
- Remain current in the evaluation research field.
Doctorate in Education or Evaluation. 5 years of experience in large scale education evaluation using both quantitative and qualitative methods. Documented experience in the collection and analysis of large scale data sets. Knowledge of the principles and techniques within education research and statistics. Knowledge of current evaluation and research methods, data collection, management, analysis, and ability to apply methods appropriately. Skilled in analyzing and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data. Skilled in report writing. Effective communication skills.