As always, we are looking for people with bright ideas who can help us stay ahead of the competition. Our most important asset has always been our employees. You would be part of a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy the benefits of working for a rapidly growing company offering solutions and professional services to the Federal government. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paragon TEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education Specialist (NASA – Multiple Locations)
Working with multiple Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) engagement activities within NASA to provide the following support:
- Research NASA content and educational best practices within NASA themes or missions to support professional training, STEM engagement, citizen science, engineering design challenges, and virtual learning opportunities
- Conduct recruitment for STEM engagement opportunities
- Adhere to NASA curriculum development guidelines including beta testing and the use of focus groups to optimize content prior to release
- Provide design, development and delivery of curriculum, guides, lesson plans, support materials and professional development for formal and informal learning communities.
- Expand the reach of educational projects and content by scaffolding and demonstrating research-based effective practices in the delivery of STEM content, presentations, programming.
- Provide Professional Development workshops, conferences both face to face as well as virtually using collaborative technologies
- Conduct assessments to customize resources and opportunities to align with instructional goals and standards.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and to relate curriculum materials to specific STEM subjects.
- Develop tests, questionnaires, and procedures that measure the effectiveness of curricula, and use these tools to determine whether program objectives are being met.
Licensed Teacher – Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree Preferred). Informal education experience (e.g. science centers) may be considered. Past experience with NASA Preferred
Technology Coordinator (NASA – Multiple Locations)
Support team in conducting internet-based educational events, such as webinars and live broadcasts. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Web-based Events
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Online Courses
- Conduct hardware inventory & identifying hardware in need of replacement
- Serving as phone-based tech support to participants attending internet-based events.
- Develop and deliver training on instructional technology use / best-practices.
- Provide maintenance, development, and upgrade coordination for digital scheduling and data collection
- Support on-going updates and development of a project website
- Social media campaigns / analytics
Associate degree or three years of experience in video production/social media/web design, education related experience preferred. Past experience, especially with NASA or other Federal Agencies. Experience with new educational technologies (arduinos, MOOCs, etc.)